April 01, 2005

Lake district

Ok, decision made. I have wended my way back over to the southern lakes area, which is not as warm as some other areas, but is just beautiful as. Big mountains and gorgeous lakes. I am going to stay in this area for the next couple of weeks and then I have a flight from Queenstown to Auckland booked for April 16 and then fly home a couple of days later. The flight from Queenstown was cheaper than travelling overland and just a touch quicker.
I was lucky enough to stay with friends in Christchurch. Although Gordon, the guy I met on the interislander ferry wasn't in CHCH that night, his lodger was. It was good to see Ely (the lodger) again, such a nice guy. Bless is heart, he fed me breakfast, drove me to the bus stop in the city centre and even left me with a packed lunch for the journey! Good people these Kiwis you know.
Anyway, I'm in Queenstown yet again at the moment, but am looking at a couple of possible tramps and thinking of popping over to Wanaka for a few days as well. Right now I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the place for a day or two though. As plans develop, I'll let you know. In the meantime, take care all.

If you want more online mumblings (of a more cerebral nature), get yourself to:
http://robsog.typepad.com/robsog/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you're encouraging people to visit that RobSog raving weblog madman. Anybody who's got that going on on their head should think seriously about cerebral lobe separation via knitting needle up da eye socket.

Leg-lag?!

Tramps schmamps - you wanna get some more o' that heli action, reckon.

If you needs something tayzdi in a tin fer yer trampings - get aload of this daan yer - http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000344.php

Yum!