March 29, 2005

Confusion

Crikey, I'm just not sure where I'm going to be for the last three weeks or so in NZ. Life was much more simple with my own transport! Anyway road up, I spent the easter weekend working my way across the Mackenzie country, the Canterbury high country and then the Canterbury plains. That means I am now back in Christchurch trying to decide what the best course of action is from here. I'm staying with my local friend tonight and will be off again tomorrow, but where to is the question.
There are two basic options. Option 1 is to head north to the top end of the island and then over then next three weeks, work my way back up to Auckland. That gives me the opportunity to see some stuff I didn't see on my way down here.
Option 2 is to stay down here and then fly up to Auckland from either CHCH or Q'town. This would allow me to spend more time in the mountains and probably head of for another tramp.
There's not much in it in terms of cost, so just a day of contemplation and planning ahead then . . .

No comments: