October 22, 2004

Getting camp

Today will be day four - so what happened to day three? Well, the last couple of days have been spent ambling around Auckland, checking out the outdoors shops (of which there are loads) and completing my camping kit. So I now have rather nice technical tent and an equally lovely technical sleeping bag! Of course, I had to visit every outdoors shop I could find before finally buying anything. So now all I need to sort out is some transport and I can be off and away, leaving Sarah and Andy in peace.
Off camping for the bank holiday weekend very shortly, so there will be more photo's and chat in a couple of days . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always knew that technically you was camp...

Anonymous said...

I beg your advance pardon . . .

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson went on a camping trip.  After a good meal and a bottle of red, they lay down for the night and went to sleep. 

Some hours later Holmes woke up, nudged his faithful friend and said, 'Watson, I want you to look up at the sky and tell me what you see.'  Watson said, 'I see millions and millions of stars.' Sherlock said, 'And what does that tell you?'

After a minute or so of pondering Watson said, 'Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.  Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three in the morning.  Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Metereologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day today. What does it tell you?'

Holmes was silent for about 30 seconds and said, 'Watson, you idiot!  Someone has stolen our tent!'