November 12, 2004

The week ahead

Just thought I'd give you an idea of the vague plan for the week ahead. It's Friday evening now, which means that you'll still be asleep with Friday still to come. We are 13 hours ahead here at the moment (I think).
Tomorrow Andy and I are going to a show in Auckland called "big boys toys", it sounds like FHM in real life - loads of bikes, boats and such like stuff. Then tomorrow evening, I think that myself, Andy, Sarah and Kate will be meeting up with Andy's sister - Sue.
Sunday will be when I set off from Auckland again and I think I will head for Raglan. It is reputed to have one of the best and longest left hand surf breaks in the world, so I think a couple of days there and hire out a board might be a nice way to spend some time . . . .
Then I will head across country towards the Coromandel peninsula. I have been told that it is simply gorgeous and Andy and Sarah have hired a bach (holiday cabin type thing) for next weekend. Hobbiton (Matamata where the first bit of the Lord of the Rings film was made) is one the way, so I'll have to stop off there. Apparently most of the set still exists, so I'll try to get a photo of Bag End.
So there it is, fairly loose and flexible as plans go, but should work out fine I hope!
By the way, If you want to leave comments on the blog, rather than having to send a separate email to me, it's easy. Click on "comments" under the photo or piece of text and then "post a comment". You can leave a comment anonomously - so you don't have to go through the process of signing up or put your name in the comment somewhere. I'll always check the comments and may leave you a reply on the blog . . . .
Have a lovely Friday and weekend, I'll be back with more rubbish soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Longest left hand break in the world. Crumbs. Jealous. Nah. OK yes. A lot.

Hope it's not too knarly and you catch loads of green water man. Smooth. If it's flat, you can always just lounge on the beach and chill. Hruumpff.

Casper Weinberger rules.

Dynamobang said...

Smoothly I should coco. I'll let you know whether it's goin' off. Nice sets, clean, 5 to 6 out the back, so I hear.
Good place for the name game - probably.

Anonymous said...

Ok then. Arthur Ash.

Dynamobang said...

It's Askey, Arthur Askey.

Anonymous said...

Nice Trunks.

Anonymous said...

Hobbiton eh... ancestral; home of, 'no! I'm P**** B*****!', I believe.

Don't get stuck in any of them small round doorways, ain't called Bag End fer nuffin.

Haro Extreme seen in Thetford Forest.

Anonymous said...

Along with new unseen Rift Zone. Nice bike, shame about the rider who couldn't stop saying, 'totally different experience'. Berk

Oh and will the real Paul Bailey please stand up.